Thursday 13 October 2011

Sydney

Arriving in the western world was both pleasurable and a bit of a shock after spending so much time in Southeast Asia. Sydney is a very developed western city (obviously). The traffic is regulated, the roads are fine and everything functions like anywhere else in the western world. It’s a weird feeling to be back amongst all that. Inevitably prices are back to European levels too, which is also something to get used to again.


On my first day in Sydney I walked to the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge, the weather was quite miserable, but the walk was pretty. I walked through the centre of Sydney, passing some old buildings and many new ones. The mixture of old and new does work and I find it looks quite nice and everything is so well kept and clean! The lifestyle reminds me very much of that in London, maybe a bit quieter.

When I saw the Opera House I was impressed by the architecture from far, but from up close, I must say that it was a bit boring/plain. The best part really is being able to see it from far and enjoy how all the separate parts come together to make one complete picture.

The Harbour Bridge, very near to the Opera House, is a very impressive structure and super high!

My second day in Sydney was beautiful and sunny and we walked around the city for 6 hours, through Darling Harbour, along the coast, to the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and through some smaller streets to the eastern part of the city until we then got back to the hostel totally exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment