Thursday 30 June 2011

A Second Day in Udaipur


Upon returning home, having dinner and then writing my blog I was totally exhausted and went straight to bedfor some well-deserved sleep. I slept like a baby and woke up refreshed the next morning. I went to have some tea and breakfast on the rooftop, where I met a fellow a traveller who had just checked-in early that morning.


We started chatting and got along straight away, deciding to spend the day together going to the City Palace and its museum and then discovering the local bazaar. The city palace is a huge palace, with some amazing views over Lake Pichola and a relatively mediocre museum. But the rooms were worthwhile seeing and just the layout of it all. The architecture of these palaces is just amazing and does not cease to be interesting, even when you see so many.







The day was well spent - sightseeing, chatting, taking pictures, discovering Udaipur and then, to top it all off we found a wonderful rooftop terrace where we thoroughly enjoyed the nighttime view over Udaipur with a nice G&T (gin and tonic), before returning to the hostel for some home-cooked dinner.

By the time I got to bed it was around 1 a.m. and I found it accordingly difficult to wake up this morning to catch my train to Ajmer at 6:15 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment