Saturday 17 September 2011

Singapore for a day

We arrived in Singapore early in the morning, headed to town and found a hostel to stay in that was central.

The first thought I had when arriving in Singapore and taking the MRT to town is that it's so clean! Wow! It really is totally different from the rest of what I've seen of Asia in that respect.

After taking much needed showers and getting some food, we decided to go and explore Singapore. There are some beautiful old colonial buildings and next to that the new and modern skyscrapers that Singapore is known for.

Other than that, I must say that it seemed that Singapore was full of shopping malls and restaurants. I'm not sure what else there is to do really but shop and eat. What we did experience is the preparation for the F1 which was taking place a week after we were there. So the fences, lights and bleachers were being set up and the roads being prepared, it really must bring a cool atmosphere to Singapore to have the F1 there.

There was one exciting incident in Singapore, which was that I woke up in the middle of the night in the dorm to find some random person touching my leg. It was such a surreal thing to be happening that I was just not sure what was going on or whether I was just imagining things, so I pretended to go back to sleep and then it happened again, at which point I could see a silhoutte in the dark and I just properly kicked whoever it was in the face; that and my waking up Marcel resulted in a quick exit. In any case, nothing happened and whoever it was will definitely have a nice bruise on their face for a while. So yea, at least some excitement from Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment